Are you experienced in Business Development?
Do you want to work for the UK’s leading Technology, Innovation and Research Centre for Offshore Renewable Energy?
Offshore Renewable Energy Catapult is recruiting a BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER for our Grimsby office.
The role with focus on next generation O&M, including data and digital solutions, robotics, autonomous systems, advanced training & tooling technology, supply chain growth programmes and the transition to net-zero.
This position drives partnerships with key clients, including Developers, Owner/Operators, Supply chains, LEP’s, and trade associations, as well as supporting benchmarking services directly with offshore wind operators.
What will I do?
- Bring new customers and revenue to the business from a variety of sources including industry, government agencies and local enterprise zones
- Provide ongoing technical consultation with the industry showcasing our value-added service offering, building and maintaining a validated pipeline of opportunities in O&M
- Build mutually beneficial partnerships with the industry
- Promote the benefits of our portfolio of services, including the Operations and Maintenance Centre of Excellence.
- Identify new solutions for the industry and manage their development
- Assist with the development of written deliverables such as internal research, business plans, external technology foresight roadmaps and conference presentations
What are we looking for?
- Good experience in managing relationships with customers and potential customers
- Experience of bringing in new revenue and customers to a business, ideally within a similar industry
- Strong stakeholder management
- Commercial mindset to ensure a pipeline of projects
- Influencing, negotiating, and communication skills
- Understanding of public and private sector funding models
- Degree in STEM subject or equivalent experience, in order to understand the technical aspects of the role
- Knowledge of innovation in the industry and its key drivers
- Ability to collate, assess and analyse industry priorities and other data
- Excellent report writing skills for internal and external publication
- Confident in presenting to a wide range of audiences (conferences, working groups)
What do we offer?
- Salary around £42k, dependent on experience and industry knowledge
- Flexibility to work at home with time onsite as required
- 38 days holidays pro-rata, including flexible bank holidays and option to buy 5 days extra
- Open working environment with great potential for development
- Pension, annual bonus, life assurance and health care scheme as standard
Please note, we are unable to offer any kind of visa sponsorship for this permanent position