Are you a Data and Systems Projects Manager?
Do you want to work for the UK’s leading Technology, Innovation and Research Centre for Offshore Renewable Energy?
Offshore Renewable Energy Catapult is recruiting a DATA AND SYSTEMS PROJECTS MANAGER in Glasgow or Blyth, for the Professional Services Directorate. This is initially a fixed term contract for 12 months but may be extended.
This role will ensure the management of system development and integration projects across ICT, Reporting and Governance for our growing business. We are in the process of developing our systems architecture for the next 5 years to streamline the number of systems and processes into the minimum number of platforms. Our Project Managers are key to the successful delivery of projects for the Directorate’s project portfolio.
What will I do?
- Be responsible for defining and delivering the execution phase of system projects and programmes
- Ensure project management of individual projects and programmes is appropriate and consistent with ORE Catapult strategy
- Manage user testing and UX improvements
- Run A/B tests
- Develop knowledge of testing capabilities to ensure test facilities and assets are fully utilised
- Scope, plan and execute project plans utilising best practice methodologies, tools and resources
- Implement appropriate organisation structure for managing individual projects and programmes
- Manage project team resources
- Coordinate project activities and risk management
- Control budget ensuring cost forecasts remain within overall project budgets
- Deliver projects safely in accordance with schedule, quality and cost
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvement of project delivery and utilisation of facilities/assets
- Ensure effective close out of project, including storing of necessary documentation
What are we looking for?
- Strong experience leading large-scale system and digital projects
- Good knowledge of Microsoft cloud suite of products, including Dynamics, Sharepoint, Teams and Power BI
- Experience of planning and delivering software platforms
- Working knowledge of optimising MS Dynamics with other platforms
- Use of data-driven methods
- Knowledge and understanding of Microsoft Licenses and Security Roles
- Previous experience of Project Management, working within timescale and budget restrictions
What do we offer?
- Salary around £54k, depending on experience
- Able to travel to Glasgow or Blyth sites as required, with option to work at home on a regular basis
- 38 days holidays including flexible bank holidays and option to buy 5 days extra
- Open and innovative working environment
- Pension, bonus, life assurance and health care scheme as standard