Are you a senior manager in Industrialisation, who can help to maintain our position as a focal point for the sector?
Do you want to work for the UK’s leading Technology, Innovation and Research Centre for Offshore Renewable Energy?
Offshore Renewable Energy Catapult is recruiting a HEAD OF INDUSTRIALISATION in the UK, to lead the R&D Industrialisation team on advanced manufacturing and new material technology and solution developments.
This role is critical to ensuring we occupy a leading position amongst industry and the R&D community in wind industry, relevant manufacturing and materials applied research and technology development.
What will I do?
- Ensure compliance to process and procedure throughout the concept, analysis and delivery phase of projects and programmes
- Develop innovative manufacturing solutions and new materials for components/sub-components of wind/marine turbines and balance of plant
- Deliver and provide technical leadership to R&D and commercial development projects
- Develop and drive R&D strategy and effective R&D programmes
- Establish and maintain key stakeholder relationships, including external research organisations
- Contribute to the formulation of technical projects, whilst ensuring the quality of deliverables
- Lead and provide mentorship to the R&D Industrialisation team
What are we looking for?
- Degree in engineering or related subject, or equivalent experience
- Extensive experience of demonstratable wind/turbine/subsystem/components manufacturing and manufacturing solution development
- Technical team management experience and resource coordination
- Extensive knowledge of manufacturing processes applicable to wind turbine systems
- Experience in development of commercial and R&D projects and programmes
- Experience in technical product design and development in commercial and/or R&D spheres
- Experience in design assurance, design review, due diligence, feasibility studies and technical expert services
- Excellent stakeholder management skills, both internal and external
What do we offer?
- Salary dependent on experience
- Flexibility on office location and working at home
- 38 days holidays including flexible bank holidays and option to buy 5 days extra
- Pension, annual bonus, life assurance and health care scheme as standard
- Electric vehicle and bike2work salary sacrifice schemes
- Open working environment with great potential for career progression and options for Learning and Development
- Mental Health First Aiders and different groups and networks to support your lifestyle, including an LGBTQ+ community
- Refer a Friend scheme paying £1500
ORE Catapult understands the importance of ensuring everyone can be heard, valued, is able to put forward ideas and feels part of something bigger. In a company like ours, that's always pushing boundaries on innovation, we believe diversity of our people is key to getting a range of ideas, points of view and different perspectives that ultimately ensures our success as a business. We also understand that some candidates tend to apply only when they tick every box of the criteria stated on an advert. If you don’t tick every box but do feel you have what it takes to be successful in this role, we’d encourage you to still go ahead and make an application.