Are you a manager in Products and Services?
Do you want to work for the UK’s leading Technology, Innovation and Research Centre for Offshore Renewable Energy?
Offshore Renewable Energy Catapult is recruiting a HEAD OF PRODUCTS AND SERVICES in the UK to own the Products & Services roadmaps, drive the definition of future P&S and deliver those from the Technology Development directorate through to the customer facing directorates.
This role will build and lead the products and services development team to increase our client offerings and existing and future P&S.
What will I do?
- Own the process for generation and maintenance of Products & Services roadmaps and development plans
- Seek expertise and technical knowledge within the company for potential future P&S
- Help to further develop outcomes for P&S that can be offered to clients
- Manage IP strategy and coordination
- Act as link between research team and commercial Business Development teams
- Support engagement with customers on commercial activities
- Translate customer requirements into further applied research needs to develop specific products or services
- Secure temporary and contracting resources through specified external agencies as required
- Support on delivery of competitive pricing structures and bid/tender/proposal development
- Manage and mentor a team of product managers
What are we looking for?
- Degree in engineering or related subject, or equivalent experience
- Extensive experience in product commercialisation
- Experience in development of software, testing solutions, engineering consultancy services or similar
- Knowledge and understanding of compliance to relevant standards
- Knowledge of technical product design and development in commercial and R&D areas
- Ability to lead multiple stakeholders to successful project planning and delivery
- Influencing, negotiating, communication and problem solving skills
What do we offer?
- Salary dependent on experience
- Flexibility for office location and working at home
- 38 days holidays including flexible bank holidays and option to buy 5 days extra
- Pension, annual bonus, life assurance and health care scheme as standard
- Electric vehicle and bike2work salary sacrifice schemes
- Open working environment with great potential for career progression and options for Learning and Development
- Mental Health First Aiders and different groups and networks to support your lifestyle, including an LGBTQ+ community
- Refer a Friend scheme paying £1500
ORE Catapult understands the importance of ensuring everyone can be heard, valued, is able to put forward ideas and feels part of something bigger. In a company like ours, that's always pushing boundaries on innovation, we believe diversity of our people is key to getting a range of ideas, points of view and different perspectives that ultimately ensures our success as a business. We also understand that some candidates tend to apply only when they tick every box of the criteria stated on an advert. If you don’t tick every box but do feel you have what it takes to be successful in this role, we’d encourage you to still go ahead and make an application.