Are you a Head of Turbine Systems?
Do you want to work for the UK’s leading Technology, Innovation and Research Centre for Offshore Renewable Energy?
Offshore Renewable Energy Catapult is recruiting a HEAD OF TURBINE SYSTEMS for the site in Blyth to lead the Next Generation Turbine Systems team.
The role will help to maintain our position as the focal point for the sector and develop the Company as the go-to organisation for research, technical support and innovative collaboration.
What will I do?
- Lead the activities of multi-discipline teams in the area of turbine systems
- Ensure compliance throughout the concept, analysis and delivery phase of the projects and programmes
- Develop innovative solutions for the design and testing of turbine systems and turbine system components for wind and marine turbines
- Deliver and provide technical leadership to a portfolio of R&D and commercial development projects
- Develop R&D strategy and effective R&D programmes
- Establish and maintain technical relationships with internal and external key stakeholders
- Engage with customers and support commercial activities
- Contribute to the formulation of R&D projects
- Ensure the quality of technical and scientific deliverables
What are we looking for?
- Degree in engineering or related subject, or equivalent experience
- Strong experience in turbine system design and team management
- Experience in development of commercial projects and R&D projects/programmes
- Experience in technical product design and development in commercial and R&D spheres
- Experience in Wind industry relevant Standards development
- Experience in design assurance, design review, due diligence, feasibility studies and technical expert services
- Relationship management skills with internal and external senior stakeholders
- Planning and analysis skills to look forward, anticipate problems, plan solutions and implement to mitigate the effect
What do we offer?
- Salary dependent on experience
- Flexibility on office location and some working at home
- 38 days holidays including flexible bank holidays and option to buy 5 days extra
- Open working environment with great potential for development
- Pension, annual bonus, life assurance and health care scheme as standard