Are you an HSE Advisor?
Do you want to work for the UK’s leading Technology, Innovation and Research Centre for Offshore Renewable Energy?
Offshore Renewable Energy Catapult is recruiting an HSE ADVISOR in our Aberdeen office to support projects and activities and ensure the business meets its HSE legal obligations, as well as the requirements of the HSE Management Systems.
The role will interact with with all levels within the company to drive a culture of continuous improvement and promote employee's engagement in HSE.
What will I do?
- Own the specific HSE procedures
- Support employees to carry out risk assessments
- Assist in developing and maintaining procedures/SSOW for high-risk activities on site
- Investigate accidents, incidents, and near-misses to identify root causes and corrective actions
- Instil 'Each and Everyone' safety culture
- Carry out COSHH assessments via the Sypol database
- Responsible for management of PPE on site
- Arrange internal and external HSE training and deliver internal HSE training as required
- Carry out talksafe and workplace inspections
- Carry out internal HSE audits
What are we looking for?
- Experience working in a high hazard/heavy engineering/construction environment.
- NEBOSH Diploma in Occupational H&S or equivalent
- Experience working to ISO standards
- Accident investigation experience
- Written, verbal and organisational skills
What do we offer?
- Salary up to £43k, depending on experience
- On-site role with flexibility around working at home
- 38 days holidays including flexible bank holidays and option to buy 5 days extra
- Open working environment with great potential for development
- Pension, annual bonus, life assurance and health care scheme as standard