Do you have experience in Instrumentation Engineering?
Do you want to work for the UK’s leading Technology, Innovation and Research Centre for Offshore Renewable Energy?
Offshore Renewable Energy Catapult is recruiting an INSTRUMENTATION ENGINEER for the site in Blyth. We are open to any level of experience from junior to engineer to senior.
The role will manage the instrumentation and calibration requirements of the test facility assets and client device testing, as well as provide engineering support to research projects, programmes and tests.
What will I do?
- Manage instrumentation and calibration within the facilities
- Ensure setup of test pieces and supporting equipment/systems are to required standards
- Maintain design and project records relating to instrumentation, calibration, test activities and project work
- Provide instrumentation, data acquisition and data analysis support to commercial operations and research activities
- Review and write technical design documentation, installation procedures and tender specifications
- Maintain and align Engineering activities with the Project and Planning Management office
- Improve and create processes and systems to operate in line with industry good practice
What are we looking for?
- Degree in relevant subject or equivalent experience
- Broad knowledge of mechanical, electrical and electronic systems and equipment
- Ability to deliver diagnostic activities on electrical, mechanical, electronic instrumentation and data acquisition hardware and software
- Knowledge and/or experience of calibration and certification requirements and processes
- Experience of LabVIEW, DIAdem, Perception and MATLAB software
- Knowledge of instrumentation and data acquisition specifications, installation methods and commissioning techniques
- Good oral and written communication skills, time management skills and ability to be a team player
What do we offer?
- Salary dependent on experience
- Site based role with occasional working at home
- 38 days holidays including flexible bank holidays and option to buy 5 days extra
- Pension, annual bonus, life assurance and health care scheme as standard
- Electric vehicle and bike2work salary sacrifice schemes
- Open working environment with great potential for career progression and options for Learning and Development
- Mental Health First Aiders and different groups and networks to support your lifestyle, including an LGBTQ+ community
- Refer a Friend scheme paying £1500
ORE Catapult understands the importance of ensuring everyone can be heard, valued, is able to put forward ideas and feels part of something bigger. In a company like ours, that's always pushing boundaries on innovation, we believe diversity of our people is key to getting a range of ideas, points of view and different perspectives that ultimately ensures our success as a business. We also understand that some candidates tend to apply only when they tick every box of the criteria stated on an advert. If you don’t tick every box but do feel you have what it takes to be successful in this role, we’d encourage you to still go ahead and make an application.