Are you an Engineer who has great experience of Hydrogen Systems?
Do you want to work for the UK’s leading Technology, Innovation and Research Centre for Offshore Renewable Energy?
Offshore Renewable Energy Catapult is recruiting a PRINCIPAL R&D ENGINEER - HYDROGEN SYSTEMS for the site in Blyth to be a topical specialist and provide technical leadership on all hydrogen related activities.
This role is a key part of our technical capability and will focus on delivering R&D projects in hydrogen systems and offshore wind integration, with cutting edge technology and knowledge. As a company, we hold a leading position in the offshore renewable energy industry and R&D community and this position will ensure the technical and scientific quality of deliverables related to hydrogen systems.
What will I do?
- Deliver high quality technical and scientific R&D in hydrogen and offshore wind related systems
- Conduct R&D activities for commercial project work
- Develop and deliver a technology roadmap for this area
- Publish research items and represent the company at technical and scientific conferences
- Lead innovative solutions for hydrogen systems covering design, monitoring and testing
- Drive the concept phase of projects and programmes
- Lead, motivate and provide mentorship to other members of the hydrogen R&D team
What are we looking for?
- Extensive experience of hydrogen systems in a research or industrial environment
- Good experience in hydrogen systems R&D
- Good knowledge and experience of electrical-hydrogen power conversion technologies
- Good knowledge and experience of hydrogen system applications in energy systems
- Strong experience of producing research and technical reports, with a high quality publication track record
- Understanding of relevant standards and guidelines for hydrogen system solutions and energy system integration
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
What do we offer?
- Salary up to £58k, depending on experience
- Flexibility on working at home
- 38 days holidays including flexible bank holidays and option to buy 5 days extra
- Pension, annual bonus, life assurance and health care scheme as standard
- Electric vehicle and bike2work salary sacrifice schemes
- Open working environment with great potential for career progression and options for Learning and Development
- Mental Health First Aiders and different groups and networks to support your lifestyle, including an LGBTQ+ community
- Refer a Friend scheme paying £1500
ORE Catapult understands the importance of ensuring everyone can be heard, valued, is able to put forward ideas and feels part of something bigger. In a company like ours, that's always pushing boundaries on innovation, we believe diversity of our people is key to getting a range of ideas, points of view and different perspectives that ultimately ensures our success as a business. We also understand that some candidates tend to apply only when they they tick every box of the criteria stated on an advert. If you don’t tick every box but do feel you have what it takes to be successful in this role, we’d encourage you to still go ahead and make an application.