Are you an experienced Engineer in the field of Robotics R&D?
Do you want to work for the UK’s leading Technology, Innovation and Research Centre for Offshore Renewable Energy?
Offshore Renewable Energy Catapult is recruiting a PRINCIPAL RD ENGINEER - ROBOTICS for the UK, to be the SME for this topic and provide technical leadership, development of the related R&D strategy and generate activity.
This role is key to the company occupying a leading position among industry and the R&D community for Robotics.
What will I do?
- Develop and lead a team to deliver R&D and Technical activities
- Develop innovative robotic applications and validation/testing solutions for the offshore renewable energy industry
- Facilitate cross-industry knowledge transfer and alignment with AI applications
- Develop and deliver technology roadmaps in relevant topic areas
- Engage with customers and support commercial activities for this topic
- Contribute to formulation of proposals, tenders and bids
What are we looking for?
- Degree in Control Engineering, Computer Science or a robotics related subject, or equivalent experience
- Experience of working with or developing robotic systems for remote operation or a challenging offshore environment
- Sound R&D and technical team management experience
- Proven ability to work in a complex project environment
- Good knowledge of machine safety regulations, relevant standards and international technical guidelines
- Excellent communication, presentation and problem-solving skills
What do we offer?
- Salary around £58k, dependent on experience
- Flexibility on office location and working at home
- 38 days holidays including flexible bank holidays and option to buy 5 days extra
- Pension, annual bonus, life assurance and health care scheme as standard
- Electric vehicle and bike2work salary sacrifice schemes
- Open working environment with great potential for career progression and options for Learning and Development
- Mental Health First Aiders and different groups and networks to support your lifestyle, including an LGBTQ+ community
- Refer a Friend scheme paying £1500
ORE Catapult understands the importance of ensuring everyone can be heard, valued, is able to put forward ideas and feels part of something bigger. In a company like ours, that's always pushing boundaries on innovation, we believe diversity of our people is key to getting a range of ideas, points of view and different perspectives that ultimately ensures our success as a business. We also understand that some candidates tend to apply only when they they tick every box of the criteria stated on an advert. If you don’t tick every box but do feel you have what it takes to be successful in this role, we’d encourage you to still go ahead and make an application.