Are you an Engineer who wants to support the development of new, green infrastructure?
Do you want to work for the UK’s leading Technology, Innovation and Research Centre for Offshore Renewable Energy?
Offshore Renewable Energy Catapult is recruiting a PROJECT ENGINEER at our Grimsby site to lead the development of on and off-shore refuelling infrastructure for a Clean Maritime Demonstration Hub.
This role will provide support to industry, supply chain and academic demonstrations, enabling the deployment of low or zero-carbon vessels for the offshore wind sector.
What will I do?
- Lead technical input in the Clean Maritime portfolio and related projects
- Implement appropriate infrastructure at the Grimsby site to support clean vessel demonstrations
- Work with industry stakeholders to identify Clean Maritime opportunities and challenges
- Develop assessment criteria and carry out technical evaluation of technologies
- Develop and deploy V&V plans for clean vessels
- Recommend development of new verification assets and resources
- Manage work delivered by engineers in line with project quality and objectives
What are we looking for?
- Degree in engineering or related subject, or equivalent experience
- Experience in relevant industry e.g. energy, grid infrastructure, marine
- Experience in developing, operating and maintaining infrastructure
- Knowledge and use of engineering practices and standards
- Awareness and understanding of offshore wind industry
What do we offer?
- Salary around £40k
- Flexibility re on-site work and working at home
- 38 days holidays including flexible bank holidays and option to buy 5 days extra
- Open working environment with great potential for development
- Pension, annual bonus, life assurance and health care scheme as standard
Please note, we are unable to provide any kind of visa sponsorship for this role and candidates must have Right to Work in the UK on a permanent basis.