Are you an Engineer who wants to support the development of new, green infrastructure?
Do you want to work for the UK’s leading Technology, Innovation and Research Centre for Offshore Renewable Energy?
Offshore Renewable Energy Catapult is recruiting a PROJECT ENGINEER within travelling distance of our Grimsby site (1-2 days per week), to lead the development of on and off-shore refuelling infrastructure for a Clean Maritime Demonstration Hub.
This role will provide support to industry, supply chain and academic demonstrations, enabling the deployment of low or zero-carbon vessels for the offshore wind sector.
What will I do?
- Lead technical input in the Clean Maritime portfolio and related projects
- Implement appropriate infrastructure at the Grimsby site to support clean vessel demonstrations
- Work with industry stakeholders to identify Clean Maritime opportunities and challenges
- Develop assessment criteria and carry out technical evaluation of technologies
- Develop and deploy V&V plans for clean vessels
- Recommend development of new verification assets and resources
- Manage work delivered by engineers in line with project quality and objectives
What are we looking for?
- Degree in engineering or related subject, or equivalent experience
- Experience in relevant industry e.g. energy, grid infrastructure, marine
- Experience in developing, operating and maintaining infrastructure
- Knowledge and use of engineering practices and standards
- Awareness and understanding of offshore wind industry
What do we offer?
- Salary around £42k, depending on experience
- Working on-site and at home
- 38 days holidays including flexible bank holidays and option to buy 5 days extra
- Pension, annual bonus, life assurance and health care scheme as standard
- Electric vehicle and bike2work salary sacrifice schemes
- Open working environment with great potential for career progression and options for Learning and Development
- Mental Health First Aiders and different groups and networks to support your lifestyle, including an LGBTQ+ community
- Refer a Friend scheme paying £1500
ORE Catapult understands the importance of ensuring everyone can be heard, valued, is able to put forward ideas and feels part of something bigger. In a company like ours, that's always pushing boundaries on innovation, we believe diversity of our people is key to getting a range of ideas, points of view and different perspectives that ultimately ensures our success as a business. We also understand that some candidates tend to apply only when they tick every box of the criteria stated on an advert. If you don’t tick every box but do feel you have what it takes to be successful in this role, we’d encourage you to still go ahead and make an application.