Are you a R&D Engineer?
Do you want to work for the UK’s leading Technology, Innovation and Research Centre for Offshore Renewable Energy?
Offshore Renewable Energy Catapult is recruiting a R&D Engineer – Dynamic cable Systems at the site in Blyth, to support R&D as part of ORE Catapult's wider energy system research and innovation programme activities.
The role will be focused on the development and evaluation of electrical cable system for offshore wind applications and fixed and floating foundations.
What will I do?
- Develop and deliver technical research and innovation solutions in dynamic cable system technology for offshore renewable applications
- Establish and maintain technical relationships with key stakeholders
- Develop high quality technical reports, publications and articles and use these in internal and external meetings, events and conferences
- Provide technical supervision and mentorship in project delivery
- Ensure delivery is in accordance with relevant ORE Catapult policies and procedures
What are we looking for?
- Good working knowledge in electrical cable systems, e.g. BoP technology such as inter-array electrical cable components and system, export cables and offshore network solutions, submarine cable design, cable insulation materials (PE, Polyester, Polypropylene, etc.), accelerated lifetime and/or qualification testing of cable systems
- Good knowledge in dynamic cables for floating wind turbine, and cable condition monitoring
- Degree in Electrical Engineering or Scientific subject, or equivalent experience
- Experience in R&D or industrial design in a relevant discipline
- Experience with OrcaFlex, Abaqus, Ansys, COMSOL, UFLEX, Matlab/Simulink or equivalent
- Experience in producing research and/or technical reports
What do we offer?
- Salary around £40k, dependant on experience
- Flexibility between work at site and working at home
- 38 days holidays including flexible bank holidays and option to buy 5 days extra
- Pension, annual bonus, life assurance and health care scheme as standard
- Electric vehicle and bike2work salary sacrifice schemes
- Open working environment with great potential for career progression and options for Learning and Development
- Mental Health First Aiders and different groups and networks to support your lifestyle, including an LGBTQ+ community
- Refer a Friend scheme paying £1500
ORE Catapult understands the importance of ensuring everyone can be heard, valued, is able to put forward ideas and feels part of something bigger. In a company like ours, that's always pushing boundaries on innovation, we believe diversity of our people is key to getting a range of ideas, points of view and different perspectives that ultimately ensures our success as a business. We also understand that some candidates tend to apply only when they tick every box of the criteria stated on an advert. If you don’t tick every box but do feel you have what it takes to be successful in this role, we’d encourage you to still go ahead and make an application.