Senior Procurement & Commercial Specialist
Professional Services Directorate
Location: Flexible home working with time split between home and the office;
Home base will be one of five (5) regional offices
ie Glasgow, Blyth, Grimsby, Hayle (Cornwall) or Pembroke Dock
Offshore Renewable Energy Catapult (ORE Catapult) is excited to be recruiting for a Senior Procurement & Commercial Specialist reporting into our Head of Procurement. The post forms part of our Professional Services Directorate, who deliver a specialist professional business support service to the organisation, ensuring good governance and financial management. Functions within the Professional Services Directorate include procurement, HR, finance, legal, ICT and general office management services.
Tell me more about the position?
The Senior Procurement & Commercial Specialist will play a pivotal role in providing support to the Head of Procurement, in delivering a range of innovative and complex procurement activity to tight deadlines.
We are looking for someone who is enthusiastic, adaptable, commercially astute, and can prioritise and manage a busy and diverse workload. This is an exciting new opportunity in a procurement team that is growing to meet the expansion of the organisation.
You will also be key in delivering some Interreg, European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) / Welsh European Funding Office (WEFO) funded projects, as appropriate, adhering rigidly to programme guidelines, to minimise risk of clawback.
If you do not yet have full Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply membership (MCIPS), you will be expected to study for these upon completion of your probation period. ORE Catapult is fully committed to supporting professional development and will work with you to find the best way for you achieve success in your exams.
What do I need to qualify for this role?
- Full Membership of the Institute of Procurement & Supply (MCIPS) or working towards (min CIPS Level 4).
- Advanced knowledge and practical application of end-to-end procurement processes, methods and techniques; including negotiation skills, contract management and full purchase to pay.
- Demonstrable experience in delivering procurement activity using Public Contracts Regulations.
- Demonstrable experience in handling innovative and complex non-standard commercial work.
- Demonstrable experience of contract law, and contract drafting.
- Resilient, self-driven, able to work to tight deadlines/schedules, within a time pressured environment;
- Creative and ability to problem solve.
- Ability to establish, build and manage constructive strategic relationships.
- Self-motivated with the ability to react to unforeseen issues.
- Strong analytical skills, backed up by excellent written and oral communication.
- Ability to participate in and facilitate group meetings.
- Proficient in the use of MS Word and Excel.
Who are we?
The offshore wind, wave and tidal sectors are amongst the fast-growing, most innovative and exciting industries in the UK and are at the forefront of supporting our transition to a low-carbon economy and our fight against the climate emergency.
Offshore Renewable Energy Catapult (ORE Catapult), is a leading technology innovation and research centre delivering the UK’s largest clean growth opportunity by accelerating the creation and growth of UK companies in offshore renewable energy. With locations across the UK and in China, ORE Catapult works with industry and academia to identify, develop, prove and de-risk promising new technologies and bring them to market. It is helping to reduce the cost of offshore renewable energy, supporting the growth of the industry and creating UK benefit.
Our working environment is open, inspiring and multicultural, and we provide great potential for personal and professional development. In return, an excellent remuneration package is offered which includes attractive basic salary, pension, bonus, and subsidised health care saving scheme.
How do I apply?
If you feel you have the skills and experience to be successful in this role, please take the opportunity to review the attached job description and apply using an updated CV which showcases the skills and experience you have relevant to the role.
Closing Date: 9th December 2021
Thank you for your interest in Offshore Renewable Energy Catapult.
Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalized folks tend to only apply when they check every box. So, if you think you have what it takes, but don't necessarily meet every single point on the job description, please still make an application.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of race, sex, disability, religion and belief, sexual orientation, or status regarding gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity.