Are you a Test Engineer?
Do you want to work for the UK’s leading Technology, Innovation and Research Centre for Offshore Renewable Energy?
Offshore Renewable Energy Catapult is recruiting a TEST ENGINEER - FIXED TERM CONTRACT 12 MONTHS for the Blyth site, to provide technical expertise in ensuring the smooth running of all aspects of the test process.
The role will focus on blade testing, from arrival to final test reporting, with emphasis on testing operations, plans and reporting and equipment availability.
What will I do?
- Oversee, direct and guide staff, including engineers and technicians, in support and delivery of test process
- Support technical discussions with client regarding test methods and specifications
- Responsible for application of test process to given test and project plan
- Responsible for ensuring setup of test piece/blade and supporting equipment/systems
- Creation of technical test reports through collation, analysis and presentation of electronic data
- Manage and review calibration/modifications to control and instrumentation systems, specialist processes and networks, to ensure correct test preparations
- Develop testing techniques and support continuous improvement
What are we looking for?
- Relevant degree or equivalent
- Computer literate in MS suite, particularly Word and Excel
- Able to deal with client and stakeholder expectations around test delivery
- Experience in organising and delivering high quality technical work and analysis relating to test equipment
- Able to plan/initiate remedial actions
- Proven problem-solving ability
- Good oral and written presentation skills
- Able to work to tight deadlines whilst operating within QHSE standards
What do we offer?
- Salary up to £37k, dependent on experience
- On-site role
- 38 days holidays including flexible bank holidays and option to buy 5 days extra
- Pension, annual bonus, life assurance and health care scheme as standard
- Electric vehicle and bike2work salary sacrifice schemes
- Open working environment with great potential for career progression and options for Learning and Development
- Mental Health First Aiders and different groups and networks to support your lifestyle, including an LGBTQ+ community
- Refer a Friend scheme paying £1500
ORE Catapult understands the importance of ensuring everyone can be heard, valued, is able to put forward ideas and feels part of something bigger. In a company like ours, that's always pushing boundaries on innovation, we believe diversity of our people is key to getting a range of ideas, points of view and different perspectives that ultimately ensures our success as a business. We also understand that some candidates tend to apply only when they tick every box of the criteria stated on an advert. If you don’t tick every box but do feel you have what it takes to be successful in this role, we’d encourage you to still go ahead and make an application.